Temporary up to 2 years
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Hammersmith & Fulham Business Intelligence Service to drive forward the Public Health agenda through the use of intelligence and analytics. We are looking for an experienced public health analyst with expert knowledge of health-related data and analysis. This is a pivotal role within the service and the successful candidate will have significant autonomy to lead on public health analytical projects. Key areas of responsibility will be leading on the development of the JSNA and specific projects supporting our public health professionals. This role will also line manage Senior Intelligence Analysts.
- To manage the implementation and ongoing development of the Business Intelligence and Analytics system within LBHF.
- To work with the Head of BI to drive forward and enable the development and delivery of the system.
- To keep up to date with best practise in business intelligence to drive forward the implementation of any necessary improvements.
- Manage budgets, licenses and contracts for the system and staff supporting the system including self-service BI licenses throughout the organisation.
- Overall responsibility for the information governance and security within the new system. Including responsible for ensuring that Privacy Impact Assessments are carried out and signed off for all appropriate projects.
- Ensure that all information and data governance procedures and policies are followed and adhered to.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to problems faced by the organisation.
- To carry out quality assurance and user acceptance testing by creating test plans and managing the execution of testing.
- To oversee the maintenance of the data and solutions deployed within the system.
- Responsible to ensure all procedures, processes and documentation are adhered to in developing and maintaining the system.
- Responsible for ensuring all issues and problems within the system are resolved by the appropriate party.
- To ensure knowledge transfer to other IA Team members.
- To work across the organisation and partnership to implement the new technical solution.
- To engage with senior managers to understand their business requirements and deliver solutions that meet their department’s needs.
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into operational analytical solutions.
- To complete work that contributes to divisional saving and commercial income targets.
- Lead and deliver on projects involving the management of data and development of data reports.
- Identify and develop innovative solutions to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and automation of reporting processes.
- Work closely with others to clarify changing requirements. Identify, recommend and support the development and delivery of improvements. Contribute to the development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems.
- Lead projects or improvement programmes, or contribute to the delivery of larger projects.
- Develop good working relationships and communicate effectively with internal/external organisations and stakeholders. Represent specialist area internally and externally. Model, demonstrate and promote good practice relevant to the role.
- Manage both the on premise and on cloud components of the system.
- To carry out the role of a product owner or scrum master within a scrum team. To champion agile and scrum within the team ensuring that the team is constantly delivering and improving.
- To represent the Head of Business Intelligence at any appropriate external meetings.
- To actively support the commercial operations for the BI service delivering products off site when appropriate.
Contact details for an informal discussion: Duncan Smith, Head of Business Intelligence on 0208 753 2551.
Closing date: 3rdMarch 2019.